Saturday, May 5, 2012

*Perfect* Peanut Butter Cheesecake


Now, I know I made a post a little while back about chocolate cheesecake, and it was truly fantastic. But this time we outdid ourselves by making it with peanut butter(!!) and since I was teaching Paul how to make it, I tried extra hard to do everything that I was actually supposed to do--so this time, it didn't crack or puff up too much...and the consistency was spot on! I can't say how amazing this is.

Here are the ingredients:

3 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temp.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 sucralose (sugar substitute)
1.5 tsp vanilla

(Mix all these with a hand mixer until they are smooth.)

Then add:
1/4 cup of milk. (Mix that in until it's smooth.)

Then mix in (yes, until smooth...)
1/3 cup of peanut butter.

Lightly beat 3 eggs in a bowl, and stir them into the mixture with a spoon (not the mixer)

That's it!!!

For the crust, crush 9 cinnamon graham crackers and mix with 1 stick of melted butter. Pack it in the bottom of a spring-form pan, and pour the filling on top. Place the pan on top of a cookie sheet (to catch any drippings) and bake it at 375 for 30-45 minutes. After it cools, chill in the refrigerator until ready to eat. (make sure it's thoroughly chilled!)

If any of you have had frozen peanut butter pie, this actually tastes very similar... just made with cream cheese instead of whipped cream, so the cake is the consistency of cheesecake instead of fluffy pie.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I agree with the sugar substitute but I do love cheesecake, and making it with peanut butter sounds yummy. If you don't mind, I'm going to copy this recipe and try it when I have all the ingredients. Thanks

    ReplyDelete