Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Chicken Veggie wraps


It's really easy to make yummy veggie wraps. The hard part is deciding what to put in them! This is just one option of many... but as you can probably tell, I like having a lot of variety. I've italicized all the ingredients as I mention them, so they'll be easy to find. 

For the tortillas, I used some spicy/spinach tortillas, which add a flavor of their own to the wrap. 

Then, I sliced 1 large chicken breast, sprinkled it with salt and a good amount of Italian seasoning, and sauteed it in the tiniest bit of vegetable oil

Setting that aside, I sauteed about a tablespoon of fresh chopped ginger, one small onion, and about three cups of chopped green cabbage. (Add them in that order into the vegetable oil, letting each one simmer for a few minutes before adding the next.)

Then the easy part: Fill the tortilla! I started with the cabbage mixture on the bottom, put a little mozzarella cheese on top, to melt. Then, two or three chicken strips. On top of that, I added some sliced green pepper, tomato, and bean sprouts. Then sprinkle your favorite salad dressing across the top before you roll it up--I highly recommend a good Asian style dressing with some sesame seeds.

Using one Chicken breast made 3-4 small wraps. Good enough for two people, or a couple lunches.

No comments:

Post a Comment