Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Secret to Amazing Boxed Brownies

Well, here it is folks, the secret that you've always wanted to know! Boxed brownies are a cinch--totally worth the 80 cents you spend when they're on sale... but somehow, with the simple instructions on the back, and the cook times---they just never turn out quite right.

Now, this is the easiest thing in the world. All you need to do to turn those boxed brownies into a mass of gooey, heavenly chocolate is this:

Step 1: ignore the instructions on the box.
Step 2: Dump the dry brownie mix in a bowl.
Step 3: mix in just over 1/3 cup of milk, an equal amount of vegetable/cooking oil, and 1 (one) egg.
Step 4: Pour the mixture into a greased square pan (I think I always use a 9x9)
Step 5: Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.

(to make things really awesome, mix in a few chocolate chips during step 3.)

One of my relatives made really good brownies from a box, and told me what the instructions were on the back... I think this is something very similar. I've done it with my boxed brownies ever since, and I'm telling you--it makes the brownies absolutely phenomenal.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, fun! My trick with boxed brownies is to slather them with cream cheese icing and sprinkles--no one can resist them and they never believe that the brownies came from a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what we use to make brownies amazing. Trust me- your life will never be the same!! however, it is 9x13 pan (sortive) but the brownies cook down more so they're not really thick. Jason purchases this for me as a Christmas present :)
    http://www.bakersedge.com/product_ebp.html

    ReplyDelete