Friday, December 21, 2012

Chocolate and Orange Filo


 Since the filo dough that I bought came in a 1 lb package... and since I just happened to have some chocolate glaze icing leftover from a cake that I had made... and since I had an orange that was drying out but I didn't want to throw away, I decided to combine them all. *grin*

*I probably used less than half a roll of filo dough to make this. So being generous, it was probably about 1/4 lb.

I started by layering the filo dough in the bottom with melted butter brushed between the sheets. I used 6-8 sheets.
Then I spread about half of chocolate around the middle of the filo dough. Then I cut up 1 orange and sprinkled it around amidst the chocolate. (And, I didn't do this at the time, but as I was eating it I realized it desperately needed some spice to it. When I do this again, I'll probably sprinkle some cinnamon, a little brown sugar, and maybe even a little ground cloves in with the orange and chocolate.)

5-6 more sheets of filo dough, with butter in between of course. Then more chocolate...


And THEN, you roll the whole thing up and turn it sideways!

Brush the top with butter....


About 25 minutes in 375 degrees...


And Viola!  (we have a very messy but delicious dessert.)

One way to make this prettier and less messy is to make several individually sized rolls. (next time...)



No comments:

Post a Comment